The Health & Safety Executive authorised Bird Free for use in the UK based on efficacy data from field tests. Data from a pigeon night roost study conducted over two years shows 100% efficacy. (Test methods specified by HSE.)
Case studies confirm that Bird Free:
- Remains effective for five years without maintenance or replacement
- Is impervious to all climatic conditions (rain, snow, wind, etc)
- Will not melt or run in extreme heat
- Remains effective when discoloured by pollution
- Remains effective when covered by dust or dirt.
Bird Free retains efficacy in polluted environments
Bird Free emits UV radiation. This visual stimulus acts as a constant reminder to the bird that it should not return to a site treated with Bird Free. Because UV radiation is only blocked by solid objects, not particulates, Bird Free remains effective, even when covered in dust, dirt or rainwater.